Canterbury Regional Basketball Foundation have an opportunity to step into the sport’s industry during a time of exciting growth for basketball, as New Zealand’s fastest-growing major sport.
To assist with this growth, CRBF is seeking a full-time Marketing & Events Co-ordinator – someone with a passion for basketball, people, events and driving the planning, execution, and marketing of all facets of the CRBF.
The primary aspects of the role will be to co-ordinate and market the CRBF Junior Community Development Programs which include Rams In-Schools, Girls Got Game and Mentoring Programs including Young People in Care and Young People with Disabilities. The Mainland Eagles Academy includes co-ordinating the event management and marketing aspects alongside the South Island Residential Coaches Workshop and other activities throughout the year. The Rams and Girls Got Game Camps are utilised to grow participation throughout the region.
Another primary aspect of the role is the event management and marketing for the Canterbury Rams and Upper South Island Women’s NBL season and games for the region. As well as the NBL games there is opportunity to lead the event management for other events the CRBF promotes including US College, Tall Blacks, Tall Ferns and NZ Breakers games.
You will be working unusual hours at certain times of the year including nights and weekends as you lead and co-ordinate the event management aspect of all home games. But you will be part of a dynamic team who will work together and will look after you including having flexible hours at certain parts of the year.
The role will include:
- Community Program planning (setting dates, communications with key stakeholders)
- Weekly community staffing schedule and liaise with CBRF Operations Manager on staff communications
- Oversee community and event program staff delivery and quality control
- Co-ordinate event management & marketing aspects of Mainland Eagles Academy include camps & year long programs
- Update and manage all websites (CRBF, Eagles, Rams, NBL Women)
- Liaise with GM and coaches on Rams & Girls Got Game camp strategy and planning
- Co-ordinate and execute overall social media strategy, EDMs, SMS
- Assist GM with sponsorship proposals and delivering on sponsorship outcomes
- Assists GM with media opportunities across the CRBF
- Promotion of merchandise and merchandise design and roll out strategy
- Support Eagles athletes with their website profiles and highlight videos
- Ticketing strategy, pricing, coordination with ticket provider on build
- Manage all aspects of the NBL men’s and women’s game day including the event management plan, run sheet, volunteers, game day entertainment team, game day venue setup and overseeing all customer facing aspects and entertainment
- Season member and sponsor communications
- All CRBF marketing related communications
- Manage customer complaints, requests, and issues
- CRBF is a growing and friendly team. At times our projects need an ‘all hands to the pump’ approach, which means you will be self-motivated and eager to pitch-in and help.
- The role reports to the CRBF General Manager, but you will work closely with the CRBF Operations Manager and men’s and women’s NBL team members.
Experience and Qualifications:
Ideally, you will have event management and marketing qualifications or previous experience in your role
- Writing and editing
- Event management planning
- Proficient with social media including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Basic knowledge of basketball
- Ability to work in a small high performing team
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Pleasant, friendly and engaging
- Self-motivated and great work ethic
Additional Useful Skills:
- Basic graphic design skills (not essential but an advantage)
- Videography and/or photography experience (not essential but an advantage)
- Knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics (not essential but an advantage)
- Knowledge of Google Ads (not essential but an advantage)
- Presentation skills (not essential but an advantage)
- Knowledge of WordPress and basic website building/editing (not essential but an advantage)
The role will be based in Christchurch and will include travel
To apply send your CV and a cover letter on why you are a great fit for this role. Applications close 5pm, Tuesday 8th February. Applications and further enquiries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org