Schools & Clubs
- We partner with schools & clubs to provide a supportive environment for young people & whanau.
- We partner with school & clubs to promote basketball and provide the best experience for young people in their community. For example we have partnered with St James School & Linwood Ave schools to donate and install a basketball hoop. In both situations the schools have been able to secure funding to install a second hoop and provide access to the community outside of school time.
- Check out our latest Hoops In Schools project at St James here.
Youth & Community Organisations
We work with youth & community organisations to co-deliver projects to utilise the strengths of the various organisations. Some examples include:
- Sharing resources to deliver free Youthtown Basketball Camps over the holidays for young people from higher deprivations area.
- Co-deliver community based 3×3 Tournaments with ACTIS & YCD.
Sport Canterbury & Sport New Zealand
- Mentoring programme part of Sport New Zealand Te Pou o Te Whare pilot.
- Rams partner with the Sport Canterbury Special Friends Trust pilot programme to support mentoring delivery.
- Co-deliver with Halberg Foundation to provide 1 on 1 basketball mentoring for young people with disabilities.
- Check out a Sport NZ article on our Mentoring programme here.
Basketball Associations throughout Region & South Island
- Collaborate & support Canterbury Basketball Associations & other South Island Associations to promote basketball in the regions including the delivery of the annual Basketball New Zealand/Mainland Eagles Academy South Island Coaches Residential workshop.
- Employ Mike Fitchett to lead top of the South Island Programme in the Tasman region.
- Check out Basketball New Zealand’s write up of the Residential Coaches workshop here.