Through partnerships, the CRBF is able to assist with promotion, participation and development of basketball throughout Canterbury & the wider South Island. CRBF has recently completed its seventh successful year of operating. Every year over 3,000 young people (girls & boys) & 200 coaches are impacted through our programmes from throughout the South Island.
The CRBF have a collaborative relationship with the Canterbury Rams. It has access to the Rams brand and resources which greatly enables & supports the ability to engage with young people and delivery of its programmes:
The two organisations have a large amount of voluntary contribution helping to maximise the resources that can be applied to the programmes. The delivery of the CRBF programmes lead to increased participation and engagement of tamariki and rangatahi (boys & girls) throughout the South Island. Our programmes aim for longer term sustainable behavioural change utilising basketball as the catalyst for this holistic change.
- Top of the South Mentoring, Hoops In-Schools & Mainland Eagles - Regular Junior Player & Coach Development
- Employ Mike Fitchett (BDNT) to lead Top of the South
- Central Mentoring & Hoops In Schools, Rams In-Schools & Mainland Eagles – Regular Junior Player & Coach Development
- The Trust has access to Canterbury Rams to support delivery of programmes
ENTIRE SOUTH ISLAND
- Mainland Eagles Academy Camps – Junior Development Camps & BBNZ Mainland Eagles Residential Coaches Workshops